Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Glory Bowl.

On Friday night I went to Rain City Chronicles at The Salt Building, for an evening of wonderful stories and music all on the topic of "What Feeds Us".  From the Rain City website: Rain City Chronicles is a series of storytelling nights featuring a diverse roster of Vancouverites. From your favourite actress to the guy who sells you coffee, we believe everyone has a great personal story to tell. Our mission is to provide a community space for sharing these stories.

I had no idea when I bought the tickets what the evening would be like but was so inspired by the stories. There were speakers that were informative, stories that left me teary and so many funny tales. Preet Marwaha, owner of Organic Lives told about his Crohn's Disease diagnosis and his life changing decision to eat a healthy and pure diet. I've been really unwell lately and struggling to find food that doesn't make me feel sick. I'm trying to eat a more natural diet and it does seem to make things less painful. 

A friend told me about this salad dressing last week, I made it that night and now I'm completely hooked. It's creamy, tangy and delicious. The recipe is from Whitewater Cooks and is now one of my all time favourites. In the book it's served with brown rice, spinach, almonds, tofu, carrots and beets - I haven't tried that yet, I've been having it on salads.


 



















Glory Bowl Dressing
Whitewater Cooks by BC chef Shelley Adams  
 
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (I used 1 cup of olive oil instead)
2 tbsp tahini paste
Mix well in blender or processor and keep in a mason jar.

I've been having mine on mixed greens with chopped fennel, pea shoots, cucumber, feta and grated beet. Dreamy.

1 comment:

anne said...

I love this dressing! so good!