Sunday, October 23, 2011

the weekend.

We had a lovely laid back weekend. I was feeling under the weather on Friday and Matt took the day off to look after Hannah. I spent the better part of the day snuggled under a blanket on the couch napping and watching tv until I had the ridiculous idea to clean out the pantry. I pulled apart the shelves, stood dumbfounded in the middle of the room, pushed everything back on to shelves and got back on the couch.

The rest of the weekend was filled with pillow forts in the living room, park visits, naps, soft boiled egg breakfasts, aurura gala apples (winner of best apple at the UBC Apple Festival this year), persimmons and pomegranates, reorganizing and cleaning out the pantry (once I felt better), roasted veggies, visiting with friends and my niece, errands in the sunshine, a birthday party at a friends apartment with the most amazing view of a wonderful sunset over Vancouver and the North Shore. 

Food is prepped for Hannah for the next few days while she's with her nanny and after the laundry is folded time to watch some Community and call it a day.

I have a lengthy history of getting the Sunday Blues. They can hit as early as mid Sunday morning, growing in intensity through the day. I made it through today with just a few fleeting moments of blues. 

Hope you had a relaxed weekend. Good luck with the week!

No comments: