Sunday, August 7, 2011

birthday weekend!

















It's my birthday today and I've had a fantastic weekend. We went to our niece's fourth birthday at Second Beach in Stanley Park yesterday, Hannah was very neutral about her cupcake.

In the late afternoon we had a chill potluck gathering at the park for my birthday, we brought balloons and gazpacho. Drank wine in the park til the sun went down and then back to our place for crokinole.

This morning I was up bright and early to head to my office for an 8:30 appointment (8:30!! on a Sunday!! on my Birthday!!), the account that came to see me is one of my favourites and they brought me fresh Okanagan peaches so it was a good start to my day. 

We headed out to my parent's today and stopped for a birthday lunch at Pronto on Cambie. Holy smokes this place was fantastic. We shared two sandwiches and a green salad and it was up there with one of the best sandwiches I've ever had.

A relaxed dinner at my parent's with my niece and the day is wrapping up.

I haven't experienced (much of) the birthday anxiety I seem to get hit with every year. None of the stress of organizing something, none of the pressure I put on myself to make it something memorable. A lovely chill weekend with my near and dear, I'm a year older and quite okay with it.

Image from PoeticHome

No comments: