Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I've fallen in love with another island.

We were only on Galiano for three days and three nights, so it might be a bit early in our relationship to say I'm in love, but I think I'm going to go for it - I love Galiano Island. It could have been that we were there for the the hottest days of summer so far, it could have been the beautiful property we were on, the wonderful company, a perfect day spent on the beach while we swam and collected pebbles, it could have been so many things, all in all it was perfect. We don't get to spend much time with Matt's parents just the five of us, it seems that other people are always around when we see them. It was nice for once to just be the five of us, on vacation, in an island paradise.

I always feel so happy on the islands, so settled and at peace. Matt and I have tried for years to figure out how we can move to one of the Gulf Islands and live there for awhile. It feels it won't happen any time soon and it breaks my heart a little. Matt is working on his career and it seems foolish to leave it now. Maybe in years to come it will be a possibility, but for now we have to settle for vacations on the island. I know we're so lucky to even be able to have that time.







No comments: