Monday, May 16, 2011

quick, easy and tasty.

















I'm still doing the wild rose cleanse and my tummy is feeling much happier. I've cheated twice, once with a piece of grilled halloumi and once with a slice of bread and I regretted it instantly, oh my poor tummy. So does this mean that maybe I might have a sensitivity to gluten and dairy like I've secretly thought for years. But what about all the tasty cheese? The tasty breads? I'm going to bury my head in the sand for awhile and keep eating the way I have been and just ignore the possibility. 
We had a tasty and quick dinner last night while the hockey game was on (go canucks go).

Soy, Sesame Chicken with Beans

6 organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp olive oil
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1" fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce or Bragg (I'm using Bragg these days - gluten free)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar or agave
2 cups green beans
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds 
freshly ground pepper

In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan, brown chicken in oil. Add half the green onions, all the garlic, ginger, soy, sesame oil and sugar. Stir well, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Take lid off, simmer at high heat for 5 minutes and let the sauce thicken a bit. Add green beans and sesame seeds and remaining green onions, put lid on and let cook for 5 minutes. Season with pepper and serve with brown rice.

No comments: