Tuesday, April 12, 2011

our oven exploded.

I was being really lazy this morning and instead of walking to the pantry to get the toaster I turned the oven on to toast bread (shameful I know, but at least I'm honest) and poof - orange sparks, loud bangs, more sparks and a horrible electrical smell.
The repair guy has concluded that the main conventional burner and the electric panel are wrecked. Don't know when it will be fixed, will cost a bunch and I'm grumpy.

In other news, I cleaned our bbq to get ready for life without an oven (note to self - clean the bbq really well before hiding it under its cover for the winter, gross).

I stopped off at Choices for a few things on my way home from the gym and we had a tasty and very healthy dinner.

Grilled Chicken with Bok Choy, Asparagus and Wheat Berry Stirfry

2 chicken breasts
store bought peanut sauce (I'm a sucker for President's Choice Memories of Szechuan Light - I am from Ontario, I grew up on President's Choice)
1 red pepper, sliced
8 stalks of asparagus, cut into 3" pieces
half a zucchini, sliced into 1/4" moons
2 small bok choy, bottom sliced off
1 green onion, sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

Grill the chicken, brush with peanut sauce while cooking. Let sit for five minutes and slice.
In a large fry pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil - add peppers, asparagus and zucchini. Cook for a few minutes and add sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, add bok choy and green onion, sesame seeds and wheat berries - let cook til wheat berries are warm through.

No comments: